Tuesday 17 January 2017

You Are What You Read

We're currently selling our house (good chance to advertise), which means that we are looking around others. I have to admit that one thing which really sells a property to me are the titles of the books sitting on the shelves. On some occasions it has made the difference between being able to imagine myself living there or wiping it clean from my shortlist. If a house has no accommodation for books it can be entirely eliminated from the list, because we have a library of books here!

While the second point is honest logistics, the first might seem a little harsh. But it's not. You are can be defined by what you read. If someone can live happily in a location reading the same books as I do, chances are I can too.

I recently posted this picture up on social media:
(My Christmas Books)

These are the books I got for Christmas and, while I think they cover my interests succinctly, I was most impressed by the people who gave them to me, that they knew me well enough to do so! These books have now joined the others in my room, while some might eventually journey downstairs into the living room library.


(Existing Books)

I have to be honest, too. I like looking at people's bookshelves and trying to second guess who they are. 9 times out of 10 this is more reliable than sharing a ten minute conversation with them!




No comments:

Post a Comment