Friday 17 April 2020

Back to Work

It's a glorious sunny day here in Wick. I've walked the dog and done the social-distancing shopping.

Time to share my week's writing...

This week I've been scribing short stories. With this lock-down I'm finding it difficult to focus on anything long enough to to work on a novel. So short story and poetry competitions, here we come!

I'm still persevering with my New Year resolution, with a short story for this, and a short story for this! I've also written a poem for this, although I don't expect to be getting anywhere with that because my poetry takes flowery to a whole new level!

The only problem with short stories is that I feel I let go of my characters too soon! I put a great deal of investment into my characters - I'm one of those writers who feels like their characters are their friends - and I hate leaving them after a measly few thousand words. So my comeback? Draw them! I'm not sure that counts as writing, but it's certainly taken time!



Next Wednesday, you can find me on Twitter Live as part of the Our Own Write Book Fair. It's 8pm BST, so check your own time zone and join in!

Find me here: www.stompermcewan.com
www.twitter.com/DaysDyingGlory - follow me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment