Friday 10 April 2020

Writing Tips in Tumultuous Times

Trying to settle into writing has been slightly - ok, not so slightly! - awkward this week. But only from the point of view of new writing. I've had a super busy week in the realm of author and part-time artist! Here's some of what's kept me busy...

I took part in the Writing Community Chat Show's #WritingCommunityBedtimeStory challenge. So now you can, if so inclined, listen to me reading Chapter One of Caledon. Authors, if you haven't already done this, please give it a go. It's great for readers to hear a story in its conceptual voice.


I've also signed up for Our Own Write, a virtual book fair which takes place on 22nd and 23rd April. I'm on at 8pm BST, followed by Judith and then Clemency.

And, since I've mentioned Clemency, she's offering everyone - readers, bloggers, reviewers - a chance to join in with her next book. You can find more about it here! So I did her a little picture (above) to celebrate.

Finally, I'm still on with my New Year resolution. If everything goes according to plan, these are the four competitions/submissions which I'll enter in April. Why don't you have a look and see if there's one you'd like to enter?
The Trench Coat Chronicles
Didcot Writers
Parsec
87 Bedford Anthology

Remember - writing is not just about new writing. Take time to re-read and edit your earlier writings.


Find me here: www.stompermcewan.com
www.twitter.com/DaysDyingGlory - follow me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment