Friday 15 May 2020

From Tiny Acorns...

So, this week's writing started with a short story. One reader and one week later, it's a 22,500 word novella. And it's still growing!

That's taken up most of my time, but I've also had exciting news about the newly-digitalised Cymera2020 festival, which I'm taking part in, as well as securing a spot in the second Our Own Write virtual book tour.




It's not all been fun and games, though. In the past seven days I've scribbled out four different submissions from my New Year resolution competition list. That was a disappointment. I went back and re-read my submissions (and, on one occasion, compared the winning entry to mine) and pondered on how I could improve. I considered changing them to match the style of those which won but, at the end of the day, I don't write to make money. I write for the readers who love my adventures with a sprinkle of poetic prose. So, I dusted myself down and carried on regardless.

I'm still on track with my New Year resolution, and it's giving more creativity than I would ever have believed, as well as throwing out a number of challenges.

Don't be put off by rejections, they're just a step closer to finding the right audience.

Find me here: www.stompermcewan.com
www.twitter.com/DaysDyingGlory - follow me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment